Saturday, May 4, 2013

Face oil for combination skin


I (Erin) have combination skin, and if you’re anything like me, my worst time of year is from now until the end of spring. My dry parts (along the jaw line and neck) are dry and itchy and prone to break outs while my oily parts (my t-zone) are more oily and red. Not a good look.

Thankfully these days, I don’t really seem to get the big breakouts any more. I used myself as one of the guinea pigs for our original facial cleansing range and, although I still get a few hormonal spots, I don't suffer from the constant breakouts along my jawline and neck. I use our cleanser, toner and moisturiser twice daily, and use the scrub when needed.

But as soon as this time of year hits, I can feel the dry itchiness start and have to make sure I absolutely never skip cleansing and moisturising.

As we mentioned a few weeks ago, we have been developing some face oils. I am delighted to announce that they are my new favourite thing!

I have been testing one for “problem” skin. I recently stopped breastfeeding and my hormones have been a tad haywire. I've had a few spots and I especially noticed how oily my forehead and nose were. We had formulated a blend to balance this kind of oily/dry combination and clean up spots that pop up, and I have been testing this out for a few weeks.

I was a little skeptical at first and thought I would only use the oil at night as an extra moisture treatment ..... but I liked it so much that I decided to give it a go through the day too, and I LOVE using it under make-up! What I hate most about wearing make-up is how greasy and itchy it feels after a few hours. I found using the face oil under make-up practically eliminates this feeling. So much so, I’d forget I had make-up on and not need to wash my face the minute I walk in the door as I usually do!

As our skin changes from week to week, I am using two different oils. I use the more antiseptic one when my skin looks a bit average or I have a few spots and on the other days, I use a general balancing blend to sooth and moisturise. It feels awesome to come home after a busy day, smooth your oil on after your shower - you can literally feel your skin relax and soak up the goodness!

For those of you breaking out now, try adding a face oil to your routine. You won't regret it! Our range of face oils are now available on the website www.natashajames.com.au . Be sure to contact us so we can make your formulation just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment