Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cold remedies

With Winter just around the corner, we are starting to get prepared in our own homes, and thought we would share with you what we do to try to ensure that our families stay healthy and happy through the colder months.

Our Cold's blend:
Although one of our motto's is “aromatherapy oils, not just for oil burners” we are both HUGE fans of oil burners and have them on the go ALL THE TIME in our homes. Personally, I have one in my office where I burn a special blend that Erin makes for me, that is put together specifically to enhance concentration. I have been using this for around five years now, and I LOVE it. In the living room, we burn a variety of different oils, depending on our mood, whether we are entertaining or relaxing, playing with the baby or watching tv etc, and in the bedroom, we sleep really well if we go to bed with lavender in our oil burner*. BUT, in the winter months, I swap and change between our usual room blends and our “colds” blend. I use this a couple of times a day if I feel I am starting to get a cold - to try to fight it off, and once that cold has taken hold, I use it all the time....I find it really helps my chest, with breathing and blocked up noses, and if I am really struggling, I put a 1-2 drops of this in a bowl of steaming hot water, and inhale with a towel over my head to really try to clear myself out (this helps to clear up acne breakouts too, as a side note!!).

Alternatively, you can add the Cold/Flu blend to your own carrier oil to use as a massage oil. Massage your kids feet when they are sick, leave the oil on and let it absorb to help ease their symptoms.

The colds blend we make contains oils to boost our immune systems to make it harder for the winter bugs and virus's to get in, and to make our bodies stronger to heal and reduce our symptoms when those bugs do get a hold of you. It also deodorises the room and helps with sleep.

Not all colds are the same. We each have different symptoms that present when we do get a cold, such as a chesty cough versus a dry cough. We can tailor your blend to suit your own symptoms and help to make you feel better more quickly.

Winter Chest rub:
Remember, from when you were little, the smell of Vicks when we you a cold? We love those memories......

We have created a blend to ease winter woes. It helps to help boost immune function to fight colds and flu and it eases chest congestion, makes breathing easier and helps with sleep when we are sick.

Best of all, it's all natural. Essential oils blended with a beautifully creamy, moisturising body butter. Once rubbed onto the chest or upper lip, the cream is slowly absorbed and the essential oils are continuously released as our body heat melts the body butter.


*    * remember, if you go to bed with an oil burner burning, make sure you have enough water in the reservoir to last the night or at least until the candle burns out. Ideally, use a pre-used tea light, that will not last too long, or better yet, use an electric oil burner, as these are safe to leave on all the time.

Check out our relaunch competition to win your own electric oil burner, or we can order one for you from our suppliers.... you would need to send us an email for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment